Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My name is Luis Gonzalez, I play guitar and am heavily influenced by bands such as Tera Melos, The Mars Volta, and Velvet Underground. Most of the bands I listen, push the limits on music, weather it be the insane guitar tapping in odd meters, blending multiple genres, or soundscapes of noise. I am in a band called The Goat Wizard and we make music that is unconventional, a blend of Math Rock, Jazz, and Experimental Music. This band is a driving force and huge outlet for me creatively, I found other people that are as interested in progressive music and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I always look for artists who are willing to push buttons and will not allow themselves to be confined. I try to do the same and never let myself be confined to playing one kind of style of music. Besides that I like to collect creepy/odd art that I find at estate sales, thrift stores, or random alleys. My prized finding is a brass duck that I got at an estate sale, which now sits on top of my fridge. I like digging through things at flea markets and thrift stores because I like to see what things people owned at one time. I enjoy finding treasures like the brass duck because at one point it was a lawn decoration and now it’s a trophy in my room. I think that best describes me, as a person who is always looking for odd treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment